Housekeeping: Podcasts should land generally land on Thursdays. You can subscribe to the podcasts on major podcast networks.
HAVEN PELL’S Blog can be found here: PUNDIFICATOR
On this week’s podcast, we have some back and forth on the emerging prevalence of public relations and its increasing importance in corporate strategy.
Discussion outline below . . .
- The Dangers of the “Spindustry”.
- The use of avatars to represent climate change- are they created or natural occurring representatives.
- Naomi Seibt- as the counterpoint to Greta Thurnberg on climate change- is she a “created” representative. NYPOST: GRETA vs NAOMI
- The Potential Damage to Unwitting Avatars (especially those pulled out of central casting)
- Coronavirus- Catastrophists vs. Slow Adopters. How did views change so quickly? (This was recorded before the Rudy Gobert news and the cancellation of the major sports events)
- The Innovation of Adoption Lifecycles- Innovators, Early adopters, Early Majority, Late Majority, Laggards.
- “Abundance of Caution” vs “Self Quarantines Don’t Work in Democracies.”
- How does one project calm and competence (before having proved these traits)?
- What happens when people have to actually rethink their lives?
- Is there a consequence to being over-confident?
- The Tylenol case- a good example of PR driving the corporate strategy.
- Crisis Management: Doing the right thing, being smart legally and defending the brand and the business.
- The tension between the PR strategy and the legal strategy . . .
- Strategy by Avatar may not work- I can’t remember Naomi Seibt’s name!!!
- ESG investing and Public Relations- how is reputation/PR scored?
- Is it reputation well understood in the investment world? Significant?