Housekeeping: Podcasts drop on Thursday usually in time for your commute- you can subscribe on most of your favorite outlets. HAVEN PELL’s blog can be found here: PUNDIFICATOR
(Ep.47 was recorded in early December before the primary season and the onset of the Corona Virus and the market tumult . . .)
SUSAN PAGE in the USA TODAY from Early December on the Divided America- https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/hiddencommonground/2019/12/05/hidden-common-ground-americans-divided-politics-seek-civility/4282301002/
- The Divided America- Is “Partisanship” as bad as it feels?
- Centrists as the new radicals
- Rancor Fatigue
- Is the skill of nuanced debate a lost art?
- Strong (economic) motivations for polarized parties
- Does instagram fame lead to argumentative success?
- Has the Bell Curve fallen to the concept of Long Tail (Niche) Marketing?
- Does cable viewership really tell you what the middle of the Bell Curve are thinking?
- Running out of money in the political process?
- 98% of the job in politics is fundraising- is that right?
- Parallels in hiring- would you use the political process to hire someone?
- Is the popularity contest a good proxy for the skills in the job?
- 69% of Americans deal with disagreements in a destructive way and it’s getting worse! Public accountability for one’s online presence . . .
- Philip Howard- has the country devolved with mindless compliance? Can individuals be responsible for their own thoughts?
- Outcomes vs Rules-Based rule-making?
- Has compliance culture created anger in the constituents AND the regulators? Am I only allowed to do what I’m told?
- Political parties as businesses. Third Parties . . . . Duopolies protecting themselves. Ross Perot. John Anderson. Jill Stein. Bloomberg and the ill-fated “path to the math.”
WEALTH ACTUALLY CAN BE FOUND BELOW . . .