Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | Stitcher | More
GRIFFIN BRIDGERS wears two hats â€“ estate planning attorney, and content creator. He is a partner with the law firm of HUTCHINS & ASSOCIATES in Denver, Colorado, and also is piloting a fledgling media venture centered around bespoke tax and estate planning education in the digital age.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- Quick tour of the changing estate planning landscape and the legislative shifts.
- Why GRIFFIN has started his media company
- Trends in the business models of the wealth management industry
- A couple new developments in outside (private equity ownership) of LAW FIRMS and ACCOUNTING FIRMS that bear monitoring. This could have wide ranging “aggregator effects” similar to what we have seen in the RIA space. Will these be good for the industry?
Chaos and disorder with legislative flux right now . . .What are you seeing?
Crystal Balls often don’t help . . .
INSIDE BASEBALL IN THE WEALTH MANAGEMENT INDUSTRY
- Service Models
- What are the models that are out there that you like?
- What “should” services include?
- Is there an optimum model?
- What is the value proposition? Does it change?
- The Importance of Transparency (“Truth in Speaking”)
- Appropriate Fees- how “at risk” is the 1% AUM fee?
CONTENT CREATION AND ESTATE PLANNING
Letâ€™s get into the media side of things . . . you have a terrific Youtube channel that sets out various concepts in estate planning-
- How does that help your practice?
- What slot were you trying to fill? Somewhere between Estate Planning 101 and Hypertechnical?
- Is there a Michael Kitces of estate planning?
- Media- what has worked for you? Effective amounts of time?
- What problems did you try to solve?
- Youtube- how did you stumble onto this s your platform of choice?
- How do you think about the platforms?
- What are your plans on this front?
For Griffinâ€™s YouTube channel:
FUTURE TRENDS- LAW FIRM AND ACCOUNTING FIRM AGGREGATION?
- Non Practitioner Ownership-
- Law firms AZ, UT, FL
- Private Equity’s Push into Accounting firms – ex. EISNER AMPER
- turmoil with departing partners
- Private Equity timetables for ownership and investments
- who “owns” the clients
HOW DO WE STAY IN TOUCH?
For GRIFFIN’s NEWSLETTER:
For GRIFFIN’s LAW FIRM website:
For GRIFFINS LINKEDIN: