If it feels like you have watched all of everything on Netflix and Amazon . . . you’re probably right! The “CORONAVIRUS ENTERTAINMENT LIST” got so big that I put together Part 2. I’ll add to, organize and edit this one for a while until it gets too unwieldy.
Before I get onto the new shows and other media, I’ll start with a fun recent discussion . . ..
The James Bonds
I did an interview with Jason Cilo on the Full Cast and Crew Podcast. The topic: On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. We covered a bunch of ground on the merits of OHMSS and the amazing story on the rise and departure of George Lazenby (which is worth the watch of “Becoming Bond” on Hulu all by itself). That discussion is below- it’s worth it. A separate post on this topic is coming.
And without further ado . . . here is the next list . . .
ENDORSE! (And in no particular order)
- Magnetic (NFLX) – Strong Endorse!!! If you like any of the major adventure sports (surfing, skiing, kite-boarding, mountain-biking, parasailing), it’s a must see. If you enjoy amazing cinematography and camerawork, this is it. Like the old Warren Miller videos (only steroids and drones).
- Mystify: Micheal Hutchence Documentary (STRONG Endorse . . . really good especially if you enjoy INXS)
- Sergio (United Nations diplomatÂ SÃ©rgioÂ Vieira de Mello)
- White Lines (Over the Tope Decadence in Ibiza)
- Working Moms (Ivan Reitman’s daughter subversively funny series)
- Becoming Bond (The Story of George Lazenby) HULU
- Veep – It’s fun to discover this in the current environment (NFLX and HBO)
- Unorthodox (Unbelievably good)
- Money Heist (Bank Heists with a Euro flair) NFLX
- Hollywood (Thumbs Up and better than the Politician) NFLX
- Selling Sunset (Vapid and Awful . . . I love it!)
- Becoming (Michele Obama’s story . . . Interesting and ML loved it . . .)
- The Bureau (French Spy fare- well developed)
- Get In (French Home Invasion Horror- really good) NFLX
- Making the Cut (Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell- crazy fashion talent on display)
- Better Things (ML liked it . .. )
- Vice on Showtime (Like 60 Minutes for a younger audience)
- Secret City (Australian) NFLX
- Creepshow (a bit “hit or miss”, good for their audience [like me]) Shudder
NOT SO MUCH . . .
- After Life . . . just couldn’t get into it . . . .
- Jerry Seinfeld’s 23 Hours to Kill – probably reads better than it plays. Maniscalco is better on stage at this point.
- Downton Abbey
- The Devil’s Restaurant (I die in the first scene so everyone should enjoy that! . . . it’s on Amazon: link at bottom)
- Full Cast and Crew- Jason Cilo
- The Prof G Show- Scott Galloway
- Pivot- Scott Galloway and Kara Swisher
- Capital Allocators- Ted Seides
- Invest Like the Best- Patrick O’Shaughnessy
- Infinite Loops- James P. O’Shaughnessy
- 10 Minutes, 10 Answers, Ben Phillips
- 15 Minute Advisor – Michael Policar
- WEALTH ACTUALLY – Frazer Rice (Shameless Plug)
- Star Wars: Darth Vader Vol. 1: Vader (Marvel)
- Hulk: World War Hulk (Marvel)
- Maus, Art Spiegelman
- Watchmen (DC) – the classic. Genre defining.
- The Dark Knight Returns (DC) – also the classic redefinition of Batman – Frank Miller
- Killing Joke (DC) – Alan Moore
- Harley Quinn (DC)- On SYFY Channel . . . . subversive and intelligent
BOOKS (and there are a bunch more . . .) – Mostly ML’s
- “On Writing” Stephen King – the best book on writing . . . ever.
- “The 401 /403 Investment Manual” James Watkins- cutting edge thinking on where pooled investment liability is going.