Why Do You Podcast? And How Does It Help in the Wealth/Law Space?
- Why do I do it?
- What’s involved? How does it interact with your career?
- Should I do it? (YES- At least try it)
- How did you get started and how much does it cost?
- Do you make money on it?
- Is your ROI on the show different?
- Do you use it for research or marketing (or both)?
- Do you enjoy it?
Two Advisor Podcast Experiences
I thought I would have BRENT NELSON on the show, so we could trade our two podcasting experiences.
Brent is the host of the successful and entertaining Wealth and Law podcast and heavily involved in the wealth management space. This is his second visit to the Wealth Actually Podcast.
He is an ACTEC Fellow and a partner of the Tucson-based RIMON LAW FIRM and focuses on international and domestic estate planning.
For those curious about the world of podcasting and where it can fit into your business or practice, this should be a useful listen from two people who have done it. I liked the idea of two people, who have demanding day jobs, describing their podcasting experiences and how they make it fit within a demanding schedule-
- Why we did it?
- Why do we continue to do it?
- What do you listen to and what did you take for inspiration?
- What’s your process?
- What started off poorly and has gotten better?
- How much time / resources / workflow does it take?
- What functions do you keep / what do you delegate?
- How do you measure success? How do you “monetize?” Business model? Advertising?
- What do you wish you had? Struggles with audience building-
- Weird stuff like music / disclaimers?
The Wealth and Law Podcast:
I am also adding this excellent primer on “HOW TO PODCAST” from my friend, Jason Cilo of Meeting House Productions- it goes into some depth on the “Who, What, Where, When, Why and How” of the process from a person who does an extremely professional job on his show. It is well researched and serves as an ode to his passions in the TV and Film world. Well worth the listen: FULL CAST AND CREW: HOW TO PODCAST
Some of the Podcasts Mentioned:
Errol Louis (“You Decide” NYS Political Podcast), Various Horror Podcasts, John Keim (Washington Commanders Beat Writer for ESPN), Full Cast and Crew, Infinite Loops, Penny Philips, Griffin Bridgers, Morgan Housel, Ritholtz Wealth’s stable of podcasts, Invest Like the Best with Patrick O’Shaughnessy
“This podcast is for educational and entertainment purposes.
It is neither investment, legal, nor tax advice and does not represent the opinions of the employers of the host or guest.”